Kitchen Nightmare USA Trailer

Making A Trailer For Hells Kitchen USA

We were given an episode of Hells Kitchen USA to edit down to a one minute trailer that shows key moments of the episode and encourage people to watch the episode.

The episode in question is Series One, Episode 2, which features a restaurant named the Mixing Bowl whose managers incompetence is laughable and Gordon seems to despise the titular manager who shuns most of Gordon's claims at the start.

It is clear to me that the relationship between Gordon and Mike as they clash over multiple aspects of the restaurant so I decided to focus the trailer primarily on Mike as he is clearly the focus of the episode over the owner and his wife who seem competent but are dragged down by poor management.

I cut dialogue up to try to make  coherent sentences as I could not use a voice-over as I had no access to the Narrator's voice outside of dialogue from the episode. I used a clip of Mike calling himself " Mixing Bowl Mike" and juxtaposed it with a clip of him being humiliated by Gordon to try to create a comedic aspect to the trailer. I also showed clips of other restaurant members which sets up other plot points within the episode ( the owner losing his passion and his wife's pessimism towards the Mixing Bowl).

To finish the trailer off I added a soundtrack over the trailer to hide some of the audio cuts, as the non diegetic music in the background was unable to be removed. I decided to use an instrumental cover of Tighten Up by the US rock band The Black Keys as I feel it lends to the comedic aspect of the trailer which I was aiming for.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

location ideas and scouting for trailer one

Cutting down an advert to 1 minute