trailer 1 filming and editing

We filmed the trailer in the afternoon. We used the Ronin stabiliser  to make sure the shots remained smooth. For some other shots I used a telephoto lens. using the lens I climbed up a slope parallel to the footpath to get a shot looking down on the chase with a narrower field of view so give a sense that the hunter was closing in on the runner. I also used the telephoto lens to create a shallow depth of field for the shot of the footpath sign and the runner (out of focus) passing by it. The sign helps orientate the viewer to the direction he his headed. The next shot of the runner jumping through the window is my favourite shot as it follows him through the building and down the track, the full shot lasts until the car drives away but I had to make several cuts to the shot in order to fit the 30 second mark as well as cutting away a bit of faffing about when the runner tried to get into the car.

When I edited the trailer together I used the theme Don Abandons Alice from the film 28 weeks later. The score helps set the tone for the trailer with its ending become calm as the runner escapes giving us the sense that the runner has reached a safe place and has escaped for now. I also used the song as it accompanies the fast pace of the chase. I also had to cut a lot of the footage from the shot-list so it would fit the 30 seconds space required. some of the main stuff cut was the dialogue at the start as it felt stilted and awkward as well and I also feel that it would confuse the viewer as to what was happening. Personally I feel that starting the advert mid chase, throwing the audience into the action, is a better way to begin the advert as they immediately want to know what is happening and naturally we route for the runner (without context most people want the person in a chase to escape).

I feel that this trailer helps to show people what the show is about as it focuses on the chase between a runner and hunter which is what the show is about. We are routing for the runner to get away but the show could go either way. These will be the  tensest moments of the show and I wanted to represent this in an advert and I believe I achieved this

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

location ideas and scouting for trailer one

Kitchen Nightmare USA Trailer

Cutting down an advert to 1 minute